Synergetic Diversity – Pooling Differences to Maximize Results | Frontline Performance Group
December 8, 2015
As it is with many firms, ours is made up of individuals from diverse backgrounds with exceptional talents. We have a singular goal, which is to guide organizations to creating and sustaining profitable service-based sales cultures. However, as we grow our practice in types of industries, a number of clients and staff so grows our diversities. In fact, one of the few constants in our organization is a principle practice model we call the KPE (Khoury Performance Equation); it is our business blueprint designed to optimize sales and service performance through three primary areas of actionable focus:
- Creating The Right Environment
- Ensuring The Right Personnel Fit
- Executing The Right Action
A few years ago, I embarked on a mission to aid our team in developing more synergy in the area of application of that blueprint. The mantra for this initiative … Synergetic Diversity. This tenet, Synergetic Diversity, can be defined as being a system of “pooling” differences (i.e. cultures, economies, industries, experiences, etc) to act as a whole toward one common goal. When well-practiced, it creates cohesive movement – it becomes a structured yet fluid dance.
Regardless of your industry, products, staff experiences, or customer base, a synergistic approach to key tasks and initiatives brings a unified fluidity to your team’s efforts, maximizes performance and bottom-line results.
Below is a quick exercise to ensure your business initiatives remain on task.
- Make a list of a few critical principles or practices that should exist across all verticals.
- What are some of the diversities that are affecting your objective, “total installation” of those principles or practices in our organization and/or with your clients?
- What synergies in behavior (performance) among your team and/or your clients must exist to ensure success of the objective?
- If there are critical synergies that do not currently exist, what is you action plan to address them?
Diversity is a component of success in today’s global business community. Use this exercise to gauge the synergy of your team’s efforts toward sustainable profit and growth.